Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 4, 2010

37 Weeks

We're now considered to be full term, but little Harrison isn't quite ready to make his grand entrance into this world.  I can tell you, though, I'm counting down!  As of today...22 days 'til the due date!!!

According to Baby Center, our baby is now considered "full term," even though the due date is three weeks away. If I go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though).

Our baby probably weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.  But he may sport only peach fuzz.  This is how crowded he probably is this week...it's become extremely cramped quarters in my belly lately!!

I'm happy to report that I've not had any more sickness since my horrible spell last Tuesday.  I am becomming more and more uncomfortable as each day passes, but it's totally worth it!  Harrison moves around in my belly a lot still, and I feel like he is still very high in my belly.  I keep waiting for the day that I wake up and think, "wow, my belly has dropped, finally."  I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever, but I know that's not possible.  I just have to be patient.

My dad and step-mom came for a visit this weekend, and we had a nice time.  We didn't do much of anything except be lazy and just hang out at home.  We did venture out to Crane's Roost Park and Lake Lily in Maitland for a stroll, but that was about it.  It was nice to not have anything that we had to do!!

I guess that's all for now...HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!  I'm so thankful to all the men and women who serve our country and continue to protect our freedom!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You're almost there!! Little P came at 38 weeks! I can't wait to hear of his arrival. :):)