Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What a Day!!

Yesterday started out as a normal day for me.  I woke up at 5:30 am and did some laundry, ate breakfast, read a book to my sweet baby boy, showered and dried my hair, and by then it was 7:00 am.  I had a few minutes before I needed to wake Jeff and finish getting myself ready, so I laid down on the couch for 10 minutes.

At 7:10 am, I jumped up (I didn't really jump because I'm 9 months preggers, but whatever, I got up) and went to wake Jeff.  I had a terrible case of dizziness when I got up, so I quickly laid back down.  It just went downhill from there though.  I started sweating profusely and was so dizzy that I could not even open my eyes.  Then, I started vomitting...it was horrible.  It hit me so all of a sudden and like a ton of bricks. 

I called the doctor because I was so worried that something was terrbily wrong...I've not had an ounce of sickness throughout my entire pregnancy, so I knew something wasn't right.  I had a scheduled doctor's appointment anyway, so Jeff managed to get me there, but not before I was sick a few more times.  I'm so thankful he was home and able to call in to work and get off for the day. 

Dr. K checked the baby's heartbeat (it was perfectly fine at 142 bpm), and sent me on to the hospital so they could hook me up to the monitor and do blood work and see what was wrong with me.  It was so bad...I could not open my eyes, and the light was not helping, so I was wearing my sunglasses and falling all over the place.  I felt like a drunk pregnant woman...looking back now, it's pretty funny to think about me wobbling around.

Anyway, we arrived at the hospital around 10:00 am and after a few rounds of basic questions, they got me hooked up to the fetal/contraction monitor and an IV and gave me two fairly large bags of fluids.  They drew blood and ran a full sweep of tests, and thankfully everything was normal.  I was slightly dehydrated, so the fluids helped with that.  It was really neat to listen to little Harrison's heartbeat throughout the day.  I was having contractions; some of them I could feel, but they were mild and didn't hurt.  After about an hour or so, I started feeling better, and by the end of the day, I was back to my old self again. 

We arrived home around 5:00 pm, and I slept pretty well last night.  I woke up today feeling better, but not yet 100%.  I had to work today and feel like I've extended myself a little farther than I should have, so tonight, we're taking it easy!

I'm really looking forward to Harrison's arrival...hopefully we won't have to wait a full four weeks.  By this weekend, he'll be considered full term, and naturally, we're super excited for his arrival.

My husband is the best husband in the world...he takes such good care of me, and I know he was worried about me yesterday.  Thank you honey for being so good to me!!  I love you!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

How scary, I'm happy to hear everything is ok though! I'd have your bag packed if I were you. Connor came 3 weeks early (right at the 27 week mark). If he had come one day earlier he would have been premature! You just never know :)