Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 19, 2010

39 Weeks

I think it's safe to say that we are getting really close to the arrival of our baby boy.  How close, well, that we can't be sure of yet, but as of today, we are only 7 days away from the due date.  The doctor said they won't let me go much past my due date, so I'm thinking 7-10 days max...and we'll get to finally meet Harrison!!!

There is seriously not much for Baby Center to report this week...
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, about the size of a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

As for me, well, I'm gonna do it...I'm going to show you all (whoever reads this wonderful story of our lives) a picture of me, bare belly, at 39 weeks.  I have toyed with this for a few weeks now, and I'm finally going to do it...say what you will, judge me if you must...



I have really enjoyed being pregnant and while I'm much heavier than I was pre-baby (I obviously should be), I feel like my pregnant belly is absolutely beautiful!  I have enjoyed a wonderful pregnancy, free of any "typical" pregnancy issues like morning sickness, and with the exception of the last few weeks, I've not had any swelling in my feet or hands.

Harrison will soon be here and this pregnancy will come to an end.  I am so blessed and couldn't be happier. 

This just might be my last pregnancy post...and then we'll be on to baby posts.  Until next time...

1 comment:

Carry Grace said...

You look AWESOME! I never had the guts to do a bare belly pic, you look great! Hang in there, it won't be much longer to you are holding that sweet baby in your arms.