Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 12, 2010

38 Weeks

I guess it's safe to say that we're in the home stretch now, but how long is the home stretch gonna be??  I'm so impatient waiting for Harrison's arrival, but God is working on me and teaching me a very hard lesson in patience!!

There's not a lot to report this week regarding Harrison's development...

According to Babycenter.com, he has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long. He has a firm grasp, which I'll soon be able to test when I hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.  (YAY!!!)  This is the picture of what he probably looks like this week all cramped in my belly.

As I said, I am so impatient waiting for his arrival.  Each day, I wake up thinking, "is today going to be the day??"  A friend of my sister's had her baby on Friday, and a friend of mine from church had her baby on Saturday.  I look at those pictures and just daydream of what my little guy is going to be like.  I get so giddy with excitement thinking of seeing him for the very first time...CAN'T WAIT!!

Well, this is a short post because there's just not much to report except that mommy here is very impatiently waiting Harrison's arrival.  Daddy to be keeps telling me that it's going to be another two weeks, but I'm hoping he's wrong.  I know that God's perfect plan is in place and when the time is right, our little guy will be in our arms...I just want that time to be now!!  :-)

One last thing, but certainly a very important thing...Jeff and I will celebrate our TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY in one little short week on July 19th.  It's very exciting celebrating another year of our love and lives together, but I think both of us are so caught up in anticipation of Harrison's arrival that our anniversary has really snuck up on us.  We're going to have a nice dinner out next Sunday evening to celebrate.  Who knows...Harrison might decide to join us for our anniversary...we'll soon see.

1 comment:

Carry Grace said...

Hang in there, girl! Are you getting any sleep?