Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

32 Weeks

I'm now into my eighth month, and it's getting pretty difficult to do some pretty basic things...like tying my shoes, painting my toenails, or even just getting out of a chair.  It's pretty funny, really.

Oh, yeah, and I can no longer wear my wedding rings.  Big sad face!!  :-(

This week, Harrison weighs about 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long...he's taking up a lot of space in my belly. I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to the baby (this is according to babycenter.com). In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.  This is what he looks like this week.

Yesterday, Jeff and I returned from a long weekend at the beach with our buddies Brett & Kelly and Craig & Liz.  We always enjoy our time with them, and this time was no exception.  We arrived to the beach on Friday night kind of late, but we managed to catch then end of the Magic game (too bad they couldn't pull together the win!).  Saturday and Sunday, we relaxed at the pool and beach, had dinner, got to visit with my sister, Stephanie, and just had a nice time!!

Check me out in my maternity swimwear...I thought the suit was cute!! 

Memorial Day, 2010 - Reddington Beach, FL


I had my 32 week check-up today and got another good report; thank you Lord!!  My blood pressure was fine as is my weight gain, and little Harrison's heartbeat was a strong 137 bpm.  I measured in right at 32 weeks which is exactly where I should be.  Dr. Snook said he probably weigs 3-4 lbs.  My next appointment is June 22 with Dr. K.

I'm super excited about the upcoming weekend...my mom, aunt, and mother-in-law are coming into town.  Kelly & Liz are hosting a baby shower for me on Saturday, and my real estate family is hosting a shower for me on Sunday.  I'm so excited to see my moms and have them meet all my friends and colleagues.

I guess that's all for now; have a great week!!

1 comment:

The Cooper Family said...

You look adorable mama! See you at the shower! ;o)