Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 21, 2010

35 Weeks

Time is winding down...only 35 days to go to full term.  As I've said before, I'm so ready to meet this baby...I'm becomming more and more impatient.  However, I know that Harrison will come when the time is right, and that might mean another 5 or 6 weeks.  He is kicking me a lot, but I have begun to feel him lower in my abdomen than in previous weeks.  So, maybe that means that he has started to descend into the birth canal.

Here's the weekly update from Baby Center...Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.  This is what he likely looks like this week.

As for me, well, I'm just fat.  Not really fat, just big and pregnant, and uncomfortable most of the time.  I am really beginning to struggle to get comfortable, no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing.  I have begun to have some swelling in my hands and feet over the last week, but I believe it's because of the heat...I do live in sunny Orlando Florida!!  Anyway, overall, I'm doing great.  I have had a great pregnancy and have absolutely no room for complaining.  I am so blessed!

In other baby news, I went to my good friend Katee's baby shower on Saturday, and I must say, the hostesses did an amazing job!!!  Katee and her husband Kirk decided not to find out the gender of their little one, so the Circus themed shower was totally appropriate.  There was no detail left out...funnel cakes, make your own candy apples, hot dogs, circus peanuts, popcorn, chicken on a stick...the list just goes on and on!!  I can't say enough about how cool this baby shower was.  And, because we were there to celebrate Katee and Kirk's Baby Cooper, it was that much better!!  Katee is such a sweet soul, and I am so thankful to call her my friend!  I can't wait to meet Baby Cooper and share mommy stories with her...our due dates are only 6 days apart.

I go in tomorrow for my 34-35 week check up.  I'll post the update (if there is anything to report besides the beautiful sound of Harrison's heartbeat) later in the week.

Make it a great week!!

No comments: