Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 14, 2010

34 Weeks

Time seems to be creeping by for me these days...perhaps it's because I'm SO ready to meet our little guy.  I'm now into week 34, and one one hand, I'm hoping the next several weeks come and go quickly, but on the other, I'm trying to cherish the last few weeks that Jeff and I have alone.  We are so excited to meet our baby, but we are well aware that life as we know it will never be the same.  I always get pretty sentimental when I hear of or know of a couple that is getting ready to welcome their fist baby.  It's such a special time, but yet their lives change so rapidly in the blink of an eye.  One second, they're two people in love and living life together (just expecting a baby).  The next second, they parents, charged with an amazing task from God of raising that baby (or babies) up in His name.  It's very deep!

Anyway, on to this week's update.  Because we're so far along, there isn't as much going on except that little Harrison is just continuing to grow bigger and bigger.  According to Baby Center, he now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. I'm happy to learn that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.  Even though I'm really anxious to meet him, I want him to stay in my belly for at least three more weeks...maybe four or five.  I would rather not go to 41 weeks, but if that's God's plan, then that's what we'll do!  This is likely what he looks like this week...getting very crowded in my belly!!!

In other news, we finished Harrison's room!!!  It looks so good, everything I wanted it to be!!!  It amazes me to see the before and after pictures of this little room.  It used to be so plain and boring with the almond colored walls, and now, it's the most adorable nursery I've ever seen (of course I'm partial)!  The paint job that Jeff did is phenominal, the bedding given to us by Jeff's mom is adorable (we picked it of course), and the wall appliques from Jeff's sister complete the room.  Everything turned out just so perfect.  Now we're just waiting for little man to arrive.  Here are a few pictures of the room, but it looks much better in person...just saying!  :-)








Well it's time to get another week started.  I'm excited to be helping out at Vacation Bible School in the evenings this week.  I will be the photographer, so let's hope I can capture some exciting memories for these young kids.  I loved VBS when I was a kid, and I hope that these kids will have similar memories to look back on when they're grown.  This year's theme, High Seas Expedition, is really fun; I can't wait to see how the kids react to all the fun activities that are in store!!

Make it a great week!!!

2 comments:

The Regal Pup said...

Love the nursery! You guys did great! I had Bobby at 34 weeks, so I am always a bit sentimental when I hear of other expectant mommies reaching that milestone! Anyhow, enjoy the next month or so :)

Carry Grace said...

His room is adorable!