Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 7, 2010

33 Weeks and Showers All Around

Wow...where do I even begin.  This past weekend was so amazing...I just don't know where to start.

I'll start with the little update from Baby Center...This week Harrison likely weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.  This is likely what he looks like this week.

As for me...I'm hanging in there.  I find myself getting winded a lot quicker than I'm used to.  It's really had to get comfortable, especially when sleeping.  Poor Jeff, I keep him from getting a good night's rest, so I think I'm just going to start sleeping in the office on the couch...I never have any trouble falling asleep there.

This past weekend, four of my amazing friends threw me two different showers...

On Saturday, June 5th, my awesome friends, Liz and Kelly, hosted an adorable frog themed shower just for me and Harrison.  It was really special.  I love frogs, and not until I started receiving gifts did I realize how many little frog things I had on the registry.  So, how appropriate that they used a frog theme for the shower.  The invitations they sent out a few weeks ago were "toadally" me and too adorable for me to even try to describe!  So many good friends came to celebrate Harrison's upcoming arrival, and it was just great.  My mom and mother-in-law were there which just topped off the day!!  Here are a few pictures from Saturday...



Liz & Kelly, my wonderful hostesses and best friends!


My Mother-in-Law and Mama - two AMAZING ladies!


A wonderful group of friends!

On Sunday, June 6th, my real estate mamas showered me, and totally surprised me by having Jeff arrive just in time to help open the gifts...of course, I cried when he arrived!  The day was filled with laughter, tears, and cutting-up..all that is our real estate family...awesome!! 

Kristin Mazza (Mama Mazz) started off the shower with the sweetest prayer just thanking our awesome Lord for the day, everyone in attendance, and especially for little Harrison.  A little later after we had all eaten and were beyond miserable from the wonderful spread of food, she started off the most special event I've ever seen or been privliged to be a part of.  She had a ball of yarn and started off by saying something like this..."I think we are all connected, as women, as mothers, and as family, and using this ball of yarn, we are going to create a web of  love explaining why and how we feel connected to you, Stacy."  Of course, the tears just started right then and there...the next 30 or so minutes were so special as that ball of yarn was passed around the room to all the different ladies and as they expressed how they felt connected to me.  Those ladies, and my mothers, said the most precious things about me and about Jeff and about my little Harrison.  I do not have the words to express how much that 30 minutes meant to me, and to my mom and Jeff's mom!!!  Here are some pictures from Sunday...

How adorable was the cake...with Harrison's name on it!

Me and the Proud Papa opening gifts

Mama Mazz and my Real Mama

Kristin & Patricia - amazing hostesses!

Me and My Wonderful Mothers!!

We, well Harrison really, got some great gifts.  Baby bedding, changing pads, diaper bag, bath essentials, a frog bathtub, bouncy seat, car seat, baby Bible, rattles, socks, bibs, clothes, clothes, and more clothes.  I was speechless seeing all the wonderful things we/Harrison received.  I'm super excited to report that Harrison's room is just about ready.  We have some small finishing touches, and then I'll be ready to post the final pictures.

I just can't find enough words to describe how thankful and blessed I feel.  God has given us such wonderful family and friends, and it meant so much to have everyone gather around us this past weekend and celebrate our little munchkin that will soon be arriving.  We are so thankful and hope that we can pass on the blessings we continue to receive each and every day!!

1 comment:

The Regal Pup said...

Sounds like both your showers were great. Love the yarn idea. Oh, and we had the same frog tub for Bobby too!