Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

31 Weeks

Holy cow...time seems to be flying by on one hand, but on the other, I'm thinking it's going to be forever before we meet our baby!!!

This week, our baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's moving a lot, too, so I sometimes have trouble sleeping; the baby's kicks and somersaults keep me up from time to time...all this moving is a sign that our baby is active and healthy. This is what he likely looks like this week.

The update on me isn't much different than it has been...things are great, and I"m so thankful!!! I'm finding myself getting tired easier these last few days, but it's hard to tell if it's because I'm further along in the pregnancy or if it's just because I'm having some very busy (and long) days. The last two days, I've worked close to 12 hours, and by the time I get home, I'm POOPED!! However, I'm SO thankful for the work as it is much better than the alternative.

We're getting ready (and excited) to head to Reddington Beach with our friends Brett, Kelly, Craig, and Liz. Kelly's parents have a really nice condo there, and we're all going down on Friday and not coming back until Monday...CAN'T WAIT!! Marlee even gets to go. :-)

Some pictures before I go...Jeff and I went to see his family in Vero Beach a couple of weeks ago, and we were excited to see both of his grandmas. I really miss my grandmother (hard to believe it's almost been a year since she passed), so spending time with his grandmas was nice!!


Jeff and I with Grandma Hull


Our baby will be her 19th GREAT-grandchild!!


Jeff and I with Grandma Holmes

And last, but not least...Jeff and I. I thought this was a cute picture:


1 comment:

The Regal Pup said...

Very cute pregnant girl you are!!! I am jealous of your beach vacation :) Have fun!