Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

29 Weeks

My baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, I'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I must drink my milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.  This is what he likely looks like this week.

Harrison is becomming more active.  I absolutely love feeling his movements, and it's starting to be a fun challenge to try to figure out what position he's in.  I feel a ton of movement on my left side, and some on my right side.  That makes me think he has his feet on the left side of my body, but I am not really sure.

I went to a breastfeeding class last night, and boy was that interesting.  They showed us different ways to position the baby and a lot more stuff that I otherwise would have never known.  I have to say that after last night's class, I'm a little intimidated by breastfeeding, but I'm determined to do it.  It will save us a TON of money, and it's the best for the baby.  I'm really looking forward to the "challenge."

I go tomorrow for my bi-weekly check-up.  I will meet with Dr. Snook for the first time, and I'm really looking forward to it.  My friend, Katee, sees her and just raves about her.  I'm anxious to start seeing her (and Dr. K) now that I'm into my bi-weekly visits/rotations.

Until the next update...

No comments: