Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

30 Weeks

So, I'm a little late with this post, but better late than never, right?!?!?

My baby's about 15.7 inches long now and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my belly. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will only have 20/400 vision — which means he will only be.able to make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20).  This is what he probably looks like this week.

As for me, well, I'm doing great.  I feel like I'm huge, but I can't count the number of people in the last week that have told me how small I am.  Most people find it hard to believe that I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant and due in just 2 months.  Anyway, everything is going great.  Harrison has been really active the last few days, but you won't hear any complaints from me...I love it when he moves around!

We had a check-up last Thursday and got a good report.  Harrison's heartbeat was 139 beats per minute, and I was measuring in at 29 weeks which is exactly where I should be!!  Even though the doctor didn't say anything about my weight gain, it's a little higher than I want it to be...I'm going to have a lot of work to do after baby arrives!!

I gotta run now...headed out the door for childbirth classes...we're learning pushing techniques tonight...should be fun (NOT!)

Until next time...

No comments: