Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ups and Downs

Being pregnant is and has been so far a great experience for me.  I have been so fortunate not to be burdened with morning (or afternoon or evening) sickness, and I've only had a small issue with sciatic nerve pain.  I feel so blessed!

Last night, however, was a bump in my pregnancy road.  I had a pretty serious meltdown because of all the anxiety I have about having this baby.  Looking back now, it's kind of funny, but it's not really.  I read somewhere once that there is usually an [emotional] incident or two in every woman's pregnancy where the man in her life wishes he could forget it or just remove himself from the situation...mine was last night.  Poor Jeff...he didn't know what to do with me because I was out of control crying and trying to talk, but you couldn't hardly understand a word I was saying.

Basically, this is what it boils down to...I am scared of the unexpected and unknown with regards to having the baby.  Obviously women have babies everyday and many do it with no pain mediciation and little or no child birth education.  Well, I am a worrier by nature (not a good quality, but it is what it is), and I have a ton of anxiety about haivng the baby.  We are set to start child birth classes in one week, and Jeff is less than thrilled about it because he's not sure how he's going to handle it.  He is such a strong person, I keep telling him he'll be fine.  But, like most men that are first time dads, he doesn't know what to expect either and is worried about passing out or getting sick or just not handling it well.  Having the conversation about the upcoming child birth classes just brought on the huge wave of mostly unpleasant emotions for me.

Anyway, this is probably something most, if not all, women go through during pregnancy, whether they talk about it and admit to it or not.  I sure hope that I got all of that out of my system last night, for Jeff's sake and mine.  This is a very exciting time for us, and we have so much to be thankful for, especially each other!!!

After my little breakdown, Jeff started painting in the baby's room again. I awoke to a beautiful surprise this morning...




Can you tell the daddy to be is super excited about the arrival of his baby boy??  I'll post "real" pictures when the room is complete.

Jeff is such a wonderful person, and I am so blessed and thankful for him.  I am an overly emotional person anyway, but he always knows just how to handle me (and if he doesn't know, I tell him...LOL!). 

God is so good; He is so good to me!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hello dear friend... trust me when I say this... It just comes. You will know what to do. You will even think you know better than your mother!! :)

(And say yes to the pain meds, by the way...)