Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 12, 2010

25 Weeks

Head to heals, our little guy is about 13 1/2 inches and weighs about 1.5 lbs.  He is beginning to exchange his long and lean look for some baby fat, and as he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out, and he'll start to look more like a newborn.  He is also growing more hair, and if I could see inside my womb, I'd be able to know it's color and texture.  This is what he looks like this week.

As for me, I'm hanging in there.  I have been plagued with some pretty major hip/sciatic nerve pain over the last week.  Some days are better than others.  I've tried everything I can think of...heating pad, Icy/Hot Patches, stretching, walking, massage, tylenol, sleep, pillows...everything, and nothing seems to make it better.  I know that it's just the added weight I'm carrying around on top of the position of the baby, but it still is not pleasant.

My mother-in-law had surgery this past Friday to remove a brain aneurysm.  She is doing as well as is expected considering the severity of the surgery.  They actually found another small aneurysm once they were in the brain removing the one they went in there to get.  She was in ICU until Saturday afternoon when she was moved to a regular room.  She is on the road to recovery, and we are all so thankful!!  Thanks so much for all of your prayers and well wishes!!!

I'm learning to play golf with my three girlfriends, Liz, Kelly, and Courtney.  We had our fist lesson this past Saturday (sans Courtney because she was off in Puerto Rico getting engaged), and it was a lot of fun.  We learned how to hold the club, proper stance and putting techniques.  This upcoming week, we are supposed  to learn chipping and pitching (I think).  I'm sure to be the next Michelle Wie in no time!  ;-)

~Until next time~

1 comment:

The Cooper Family said...

Hope your hip pain is improving-hang in there! I am keeping your mother in law in my prayers. Keep me posted. Have fun golfing too...I am sure you guys will. Looking forward to catching up at lunch! ;o)
xoxo
K.