Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 25, 2010

27 Weeks

Well, we're almost out of the 2nd trimester...that's so hard to believe...time is going by so fast.  This little guy is going to be here before we know it!!!

This week, he likely weighs about 2 lbs. and is about 14 1/2 inches long (head to toe).  He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and maybe even sucking his thumb (I wish so bad we could get an ultrasound of this!!!).  Since more brain tissue is developing, his brain is more active now.  While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning - with a lot of medical help - if he were born now.  (We're super excited for him to arrive, but we want him to wait a little while longer and finish growing in my belly!)  The rhythmic movements I sometimes feel are baby hiccups, and they may be common from now on.  Each episode only lasts a few moments, so I find it hard to tell if he really has hiccups or if he's just doing hurdle jumps in there.  This is what he's looking like this week.

As for me, things are going great.  I had a slight bump in the pregnancy road this past week (see my previous Ups and Downs post if you're interested in knowing the details on that), but I'm over that and things are fabulous!!  I had my gestational diabetes test last week, and I'll get the results of that at my next appointment, this Thursday 4/29.  It's so hard to believe this will be my last monthly appointment...I start going every 2 weeks after this.

We start our childbirth education classes on Wednesday night...I'm excited and nervous all in the same breath, and I think Jeff's just nervous.  Next Sunday, we're going to the Grand Opening Celebration of The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place at Winter Park Memorial Hospital.  We are super excited to see the place where we will get to welcome our baby into the world.  It's a brand new "boutique" facility at the hospital, and the event next Sunday is supposed to be a fun time.

In other news, I made a drastic change in my appearance this past Friday.  I have decided that I'm tired of having highlights/lowlights because it's just so much upkeep, and it gets expensive.  So, I had my stylist take me back to my natural color...only it's not my natural color.  I'm going back on Tuesday to get it fixed because it's just too dark and has too much deep red tone to it...not a good look for me.  I've got to get this fixed soon because I can't have pictures of me like this floating around...Harrison will be ashamed of me in years to come!!  :-)

Jeff has so diligently been working on the baby's room.  It's like 99% complete, and knowing him, it'll be finished tonight.  I'll post pictures once it's finished.

We got our first baby gift in the mail yesterday; we got some of the bottles we registered for...it was exciting to open the first gift.  We've been given a few things in the last several weeks, but for some reason, getting a gift in the mail felt different to me...???  Anyway, we are so thankful!!

Well, I better cut this off here.  We've been working on cleaning and preparing for the baby (I guess this is the beginning of the Nesting Phase for us), and I still have a ton of stuff to get done!!  Marlee is overseeing this whole project from the comfort of the back porch...


Have a blessed week!!

1 comment:

The Regal Pup said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! :)