Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 19, 2010

26 Weeks

Well, I'm now to the 6 1/2 month mark and I have a belly to prove it!!



At this point in the pregnancy, the network of nerves in little Harrison's ears is more developed and sensitive than before.  He may now be able to hear Jeff and I talking to each other.  He is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his little lungs.  These so-called breathing movements are good practice for when he arrives and takes his first gulp of air.  He is continuing to put on baby fat and is now up to about a pound and two-thirds and measures about 14 inches (I'm beginning to wonder if this is accurate because my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book says he's just about 9 inches...hmmmm).  His little boy parts are beginning to descend which should take about 2-3 days.  This is what he probably looks like this week.

In other news, my hip/sciatic nerve pain has subsided for the most part.  It's so much better than it has been for the past two weeks.  Hopefully I won't have that anymore, but I'm guessing the chances of that are slim.  I'm feeling great and just trying to enjoy each day of the pregnancy and his little kicks and movements in my belly.  I find myself asking him to kick me all the time...when he's not moving, I try to move my belly to make him move.

I go for my gestational diabetes test tomorrow.  I'm not really looking forward to that because I'll have to drink this sugary liquid and then sit for an hour before they can draw the blood and do the test.  I'm worried that drinking the sugary liquid stuff is going to make me vomit...YUCK!  I'm sure the test will be fine and the results will be negative, and this will just be one more entry into my weekly log of the pregnancy.

Jeff has started painting the nursery...I can hardly wait for it to be finished; it's going to look great!  He and our good friend Brett put up a chair rail over the weekend, and that just makes the room!  I'll post pictures once he's finished painting.

Well, I guess that's all for now.  Make it a great week!!  :-)

No comments: