Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 5, 2010

6 Months (24 Weeks)

Wow, already to 6 months...it's odd because sometimes I feel like I've been pregnant forever, and other times I feel like I just found out.  And, I'm so excited to meet this little guy that I feel like the next 3 1/2 months are going to drag by.  However, I know time is going to fly and before I know it, I'll be holding my baby boy!

So this week, Baby Center says that the baby is growing steadily and has gained about 4 oz. since last week...not as much as I feel like I've gained...LOL!  He's just over a pound and about a foot long...when I read that, I started singing that silly Subway commercial..."$5.00, $5.00 foot longs..."  He's still pretty lean, but soon he will start to fill out and plump up.  His brain is growing quickly, and his taste buds are continuing to develop...I wonder what he thinks about the food I'm eating...hmmm.  His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world.  His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will change soon.

This is what he looks like this week.

As for the update on me, I'm doing okay.  I'm finding it harder and harder to sleep at night, and I know that will probably only get worse as I continue to get bigger.  I toss and turn so much through the night, and I'm getting up to go to the bathroom at least 2 times each night, and sometimes 3.  Anyway, I'm healthy and all is well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. It flys by and will not slow down wants he gets here. My little girl is 6 months old and it seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant.

It is good to see how well you are doing.

Lauren Mitchell Buchanan