Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Wow...it's been so long since I've posted. We've been busy with visiting family and enjoying our first married Christmas.

We went to Charlotte on Tuesday before Christmas to visit Jeff's family for Christmas. It was such a fun time...I just love his family and really enjoy spending time with them!! Our nephews, Griffin and Colton, are so adorable! They are 5 and almost 2, respectively, and they are so much fun to watch and play with!

Time always seems to go so fast when we have our family visits. It felt like we had just gotten there, and then it was time to come back home. We left Charlotte on Saturday which was not the best idea because everyone else on the East coast decided to drive home that day as well. The trip normally takes us about 8 hours...coming home on Saturday, it took us 12!! Traffic just bottle necked and it seemed like we'd never get home.

Well, we got home nonetheless. It's always so nice to get home and get back into your routine. My mom and sister came to visit us on Sunday, so as quick as we could get home, we were preparing for their visit. I was REALLY excited to have them come visit...they've not seen our new condo since they helped us move in back in October. Since we moved in, we've replaced the tile and painted, and the place looks way different. It was good to have them here.

Last night for New Years Eve, we had a low key night...I like it that way. We spent a few hours at our friends Brett & Kelly's house, and we were joined by Liz and Craig and Alyssa. I really enjoy spending time with these people...they are such GOOD friends!! We played Rock Band for a while, and then we all headed over to another party that was being hosted by some our other friends, Dan and Leann. They bought a house in College Park last year and have spent the last 8-9 months renovating it...it looks amazing! I just love the place...it was built in the 20's, so it's so unique, but they've really modernized it, but it also has this really nice rustic feel...very nice!!

Okay, so now here it is New Years Day and I'm ready to kick off 2009. I feel so blessed for all that happened in my life in 2008. It was the best year of my life so far...I got married, we bought a second condo and became landlords...hopefully we'll continue to be blessed to keep this going!! 2009 is going to be a good year...I just know it!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year...may 2009 bring you many blessings!

I have pictures and some video from Christmas, so I'll be posting that soon...

1 comment:

The Regal Pup said...

Happy 2009 to you all too!

Wow, a 12 hour drive! Yikes! Glad you made it home ok, and had a great holiday season.