Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Progress Report

So I've not discussed this with many, and I've certainly not posted on it before, but I have some exciting news.

Let me start off by saying that not long after Jeff and I got married, I got very lazy and cut back on my exercise and got very lax on my eating habits. Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happens when you basically quit exercising and don't cut back on your eating...YOU GAIN WEIGHT.

From our wedding date to New Year's (5 1/2 months), I successfully gained about 8 lbs. At our wedding, I already felt like I had about 5 lbs. that I wanted to lose, so come January 1, there was about 13 lbs I needed to lose, and another 7 that I wanted to lose. So, I set myself a goal of losing 20 lbs. by May 1st.

Drum Roll Please....................

So far, I've lost 5.8 lbs!!! I'm super excited and hope that I will continue to be dedicated to slimming down until I reach my goal! Once I reach my goal, I'm going to have to stay on top of it because it's so easy to let this and that go, and before you know it, I'll have packed on another 15 lbs.

I won't mention the Mexican food and Margarita that I had tonight...shhhh!

Hopefully I'll have another progress report with good "grades" at the end of February!!

Here's to a good week for all of you!!

2 comments:

The Regal Pup said...

Keep up the good work!

Amy said...

ok, so i totally thought this was going to be a "surprise, i'm pregnant" post! LOL. GREAT job on the weight loss!!!