Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 12, 2010

A Little Behind

So I'm a little late with this post because I'm wrapping up my 16th week of pregnancy...Sunday starts week 17.

Anyway, 16 weeks (courtesy of BabyCenter.com):
We're getting ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, our baby will double his/her weight and add inches to his/her length. Right now, he/she, is about the size of an avocado; 4 1/2 inches long and about 3 1/2 ounces. The legs are more developed, the head is more erect than it has been, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head (the ears are close to their final position as well).

The patterning of the scalp has begun, though his/her looks aren't recognizable yet. Toenails have started to grow, and a lot is happening on the inside of his/her tiny little body. For example, the heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and the amount will continue to increase as the baby continues to grow.

This is what my baby looks like this week.

As for me, I am feeling great. I no longer find myself wanting to take a nap everyday and overall, I feel really good. Physically, I'm at that in between stage where people look at you and wonder if you're just fat or if you're pregnant... :-)

I'm super excited about my growing belly...I went shopping again yesterday and got some really cute shirts and a pair of Capri pants. If the temperatures would warm up, I could wear my new stuff now. I think I will be able to wear most of it until the very end of the pregnancy. Actually, I will probably be able to wear the shirts even after the baby is born.

Our friend Paula (I used to work with her, and she's one of Jeff's current co-workers) had a baby on 12/30/09, and yesterday she visited Jeff's office to show of the baby. Jeff said he held the little guy and it made him excited for our little baby!!

As for names...we're working on that. We certain on the first names, but still working on the middle names. We actually get to find out if it's a boy or a girl on March 8th...only 3 weeks!!

In other news, my sister, Stephanie, fell down a flight of 20 stairs last night and broke her wrist. We are so thankful that is all that happened because the stairs are steep and it could've easily been her neck or a leg or something more severe than her wrist. She's at the Orthopedic today and will have to have surgery sometime next week...she says they're going to have to put pins and a plate in her wrist...OUCH!!!!

Well, check back on Sunday or early next week for the 17 week update!

1 comment:

Orlando Realtor said...

Hi Stacy,
You need to check out the book :"Permission to Mother"
By Denise Punger MD
It is available on amazon.com