Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

15 weeks

This week is my 15th week of pregnancy, and things are rockin' along very nicely!! I went to the doctor yesterday for my monthly check-up and got a good report! The baby's heartbeat was 152 bpm...strong and healthy!! I was able to record the heartbeat on my phone, and I swear, I think I listened to it about 20 times yesterday...I could listen to it non-stop...it's just so precious!

My weight is okay...I gained another 2 lbs according to their scales, but I don't really think that's correct. I'm keeping a close watch on my weight using my scales at home, and by my records, I've only gained 8.8 lbs. I guess I can attribute the additional 1.2 lbs at the doc's office to clothes and the fact that I had eaten breakfast and had fluids prior to my appointment. Anyway, the doctor said I'm looking great and everything is going very well!

I made the appointment for the 20 week ultrasound...MARCH 8TH IS THE BIG DAY!!! We'll get to find out if our baby will be wearing a UCF cheer outfit or UCF football jersey...either way, our baby is sure to be the cutest baby every (I'm sure every mom/dad says that, right?!?!?) We now just have to hope and pray that the little rascal doesn't "hide the goods" when we go in for the ultrasound!

As for the baby's development this week...
"Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). He/She is busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. His/Her legs are growing longer than the arms now, and he/she can move all of the joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, he/she can still sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, he/she is likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but taste buds are forming."
(courtesy of www.Babycenter.com)

Click HERE to see an image of what my baby looks like this week!! Super exciting! :-)

I'll have another update on the baby next week!!

Be sure to enjoy the wonder of what each day brings your way!!

No comments: