Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

17 Weeks

So, I'm now 17 weeks and 4 days into this journey called pregnancy. I have already experienced a range of emotions, and I'm sure that I have only just begun. Sometimes I will cry at the drop of a hat, and other times, I'm just "blah."

I'm super excited that we only have 2 1/2 weeks until we get to find out the gender of our baby. Sometimes I think it's a girl, and other times I call the baby "he." I sometimes want to have a girl and other times want to have a boy...I really just want my baby to be healthy and happy!!

This week, I found out that our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord is growing thicker and stronger. The baby weighs around 5 ounces (as much as a turnip) and is around 5 inches in length. The baby can move his/her joints, and the sweat glands are starting to develop. This is what the baby looks like this week.

Steph had surgery on her broken wrist yesterday, and unfortunately she is in a lot of pain. The pain medicine they gave her after surgery yesterday is not working very well. Hopefully she'll be doing better before too much longer.

Until next week...

No comments: