Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First OB Visit

I had my first OB visit on Monday. It was exciting; I got to meet the midwife, and she was awesome. I have to say that I was very nervous about having a midwife/nurse practitioner as my "doctor," but after meeting her, I love her! Of course, I'll meet the three doctors that are in the practice later in the pregnancy because we have no way of knowing who will be on call when this precious little angel decides to make his/her grand entrance into our lives.

Anyway, after the "not fun" part of the visit, she got the Doppler Stethoscope so we could hear the little heartbeat. IT WAS SO AWESOME!! It was at 160 beats per minute this time (when we had our last ultrasound, it was at 169). I was disappointed that I didn't have my phone handy so that I could record the awesomeness that was my baby's heartbeat...next time!

Well, overall, I got a good report. I have gained 8 lbs., which is a little more than what they would like to see, but hopefully, I'll do better this next month. Of course, she said they really don't want me to gain more than 30 lbs.; and thinking that I've already almost gained 1/3 of that scares me since they say in the last 6-8 weeks I'll gain a lot...oh well, we'll see.

She did preach to me about walking at least 3 times/week for a brisk 30 minutes. I've not been great about exercising since, oh, about 8 months ago. I've been so bad...not motivated to exercise (even before I got pregnant). However, today I went for a 45 minute walk, and it felt really good (even though it was cold outside...I had on two pair of socks, two pair of pants, and two shirts).

I go back for my next check-up on February 1, so I'll have another baby update then!

~S~

1 comment:

The Regal Pup said...

High heartbeat usually means a boy! :) If you believe in those old wives tales! Also, you are so petite and cute! My doctor told me that the smaller you are before you are pregnant will most likely mean you'll gain more weight. Same thing goes for how big you are - if you are big before being pregnant, you won't gain a lot of weight.