Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chores

I don't think I know anyone that enjoys doing chores (except for maybe my mama)! Jeff and I spent the better part of the day doing chores. It always feels so good when they're done, but when you're up to your head in things to do, it's no fun!

Here is all the stuff we did today...and we're not finished with the list of things I wanted to get done:
  • Sweep
  • Dust
  • Mop
  • Vaccuum
  • Clean Bathrooms
  • Change Bed Linens
  • Laundry (all 6 loads...I'm a total slacker to have let it get to that!)
  • Clean out closets in spare bedrooms (we managed to get one completely cleaned out, but we have junk everywhere; the other closet is still in process)
  • Paint Baseboards (Jeff is doing this and finished the foyer, kitchen, and our bathroom...he still has the living room, dining room, hallway, and guest bathroom to finish)

Now, here are the other things I wanted to get done today, but they'll have to wait until next weekend:

  • Move office "stuff" (we're moving our office to the other room as we start to prepare for this little baby to get here...the room that is our office now will be the baby's room, and the guest room will double as our office)
  • Pack clothes (as my mid-section and belly are beginning to expand, I am not able to wear many of my clothes; so, in order to make room for the preggo clothes that I'm getting, I need to temporarily pack up and store some of my pre-preggo clothes)
  • Purchase sleeper sofa (we found a great leather sleeper sofa that we will be getting to go into the room that will be the office/guest room so that when we do have guests, they have a place to sleep)

Well, now that I wrote that out, it doesn't seem like it's a full day of chores...but it was! We started at 10 and didn't get finished until close to 5. We'll wrap up the baseboard painting and start on the other list next weekend.

Tomorrow, we're going to church and then to cheer on our UCF Knights cheer team and dance squad in the UCA National Cheer & Dance Competition at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

No comments: