Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 15, 2010

21 Weeks

This week, Harrison is about 3/4 of a pound and about 10 1/2 inches long, about the length of a carrot (this is according to babycenter.com; although, last week, the ultrasound lady told us that he weighed 3/4 of a pound or 12 oz., so he's likely a little bigger this week).  Baby center also says that I may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts in my belly because the early flutters have turned into full fledged kicks and nudges, and boy have they.  This little kiddo must have been competing for a martial arts award on Saturday during my walk.  It was a beautiful day, and he must have really enjoyed the walk because he was as active as I've ever felt him be...it was wonderful!!  By now, Harrison's eyelids and eyebrows are present!

This is likely what he looks like this week.

In other news, we ordered the furniture for Harrison's nursery yesterday.  We've been mulling over two different options for the past week looking online and at the store and reading reviews and on and on.  We finally made a decision, and the furniture should be here in about two weeks.  Take a look at what we picked out...

the crib:

the dresser/changer combo:
The entire set (with the bedding we picked out):

We elected not to get the big dresser that goes with the set because even though the crib is a convertible crib that can go up to a full size bed, we feel like we'll have Harrison in a different bed in two to three years, and we want to get a matching set at that point that will last him until he goes to college.

In case you're wondering what I'm looking like these days...here's a picture.  I've been taking pictures (or having Jeff take pictures) each Sunday since the 15 week mark.  I typically take the pictures with my belly showing, but I'm not yet ready to show those pictures.  This is from yesterday to document me at 21 weeks:



And one last thing before I go...wish us luck...we're headed to VEGAS this week.  We leave on Wednesday and return on Sunday.  We're excited for our little get away!


No comments: