Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fun with the Fun Card

Yesterday, Jeff and I got to go to Sea World with his sister, Wendy, and our nephew Griffin. I had never been to Sea World, so you can imagine how excited I was...like a little kid!

Sea World offers this deal where you can pay for a day and come back all year (Fun Card), so Jeff and I took advantage and got the Fun Card. You pay the same amount to get in as if you were only going to be there for one day, but now we can go back all year long and not have to pay to get in. There are no black out dates, and all we have to do is pay for parking.

Marlee even got to go because they have a kennel service, so we were able to take her; she was excited too...



We saw four shows, one of which was Shamu, but that actually wasn't my favorite. The first one we saw was Blue Horizons, and it was with dolphins...it was so awesome. They had acrobatics like crazy...flying birds, soaring dolphins (and people)...it was just really cool. My other favorite was the Sea Lion and Otter show; it was SO funny. When you walk in, they have this pirate/mime that follows you around, and the entire audience sees it, but because he's behind you, you don't. I was trying to find a place to sit, and he was right behind me making all kinds of gestures and then he got up in my ear and scared me! :) It was fun.

The great thing about parks is that they have a cute little section for kids. Of course the shows are for kids, but they have a designated area that has 'just for kids' rides. Well, Griffin and Wendy had been to Sea World the day before, and Griffin was in love with Shamu Express and "The Crab." Here's a picture of Uncle Jeff and Aunt Stacy with Griffin about to board the Shamu Express.

I was surprised at how "big" this roller coaster is for kids. It's got a decent size (for kids anyway) hill you climb, and then the drop and the curves are a little scary (for kids anyway).

The crab was just funny...it's one of those rides that takes you to the top and then drops you quick and then takes you half way up and drops you again. It keeps doing that for a few minutes...I laughed the entire time because it kept tickling my tummy. I think I laughed more than Griffin.

And of course, with me around, the day is not complete without a picture like this.

2 comments:

Kelly and Brett said...

I love Sea World, it's probably one of my favorite parks. Sounds like you all had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I want to go.... let's make a plan!!