Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two Month Check-Up

Harrison had his two month check-up today (he'll officially be two months old next week), and got a very good report.  Here are his stats:

Weight:  11 lbs, 9 oz
Length:  23 3/4 in
Percentile:  55th

Now that he is two months old, Harrison has to start getting his immunizations.  Today was the first time for the shots, and it was very traumatic for me (and him). 

Today he received vaccines for Polio, Pneumococal Disease, Diptheria, Tetanus & Pertussis (DTaP), Rotavirus, and Hib.  Thankfully, he only had to have two shots (the Rotavirus vaccine is oral, and one shot contained three vaccines).  When the nurse administered the first shot (pneumococcal disease vaccine), he only cried a little.  The nurse warned me, however, that the next shot would make him really cry.  She certainly knew what she was talking about because the instant she stuck his little leg, he belted out a cry so loud it made me shreek.  Then he cried so hard that I had to blow in his little face to get him to breathe...it must have REALLY hurt him.  It made me so sad...he cried "real" tears...they were actually rolling down his precious face. 

I'm thankful that he doesn't have to have shots every day, and I'm even more thankful that we live in a country that has these vaccines available to protect him from these serious diseases.

On a happier note, here's a picture of Harrison at 7 weeks old:

Check out that red hair!!

I'll leave you with this little video of Harrison; enjoy!!

No comments: